Scholarships to Study in Canada
Scholarships That Makes Your Dream of Study in Canada Easy
Studying in Canada is the top-most choice for many Indian students because of its broad range of educational programs and flawless education system. The love for Canadian universities is also due to the friendly application fees, tuition & living expenses, admission fees, & work permits.
But the costs of education in Canadaare not cheap. Students who do not have financially strong resources can opt from the innumerable scholarships in Canada. The students planning for higher education here can apply for numerous funding provided by the universities, non-governmental organisations, or the government. Given below are the scholarships that make your dream to study in Canada easy:
- University Scholarships: the Canadian universities or colleges offer scholarships to international students for higher education
- Non-governmental organizations: the foundations, trusts, and organizations provide scholarships to the students for specific courses to encourage participation in the particular field
- Canadian government scholarships: the government offers scholarships to the students for studying in Canada
Before 2020, thousands of students travelled to Canada for further studies. But the year 2020/21 is not the same.
The Canadian government has laid down many rules & regulations for studying in Canada post-covid-19. The travellers should check with the arrivals team before booking a flight to Canada and receive all the needed information.
Flamingo Educare is the best study abroad consultant in Ahmedabad who will assist & guide you regarding all your doubts about settling in Canada.
Scholarships to Study in Canada
The renowned scholarships in Canada for your further studies are listed below:
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- IDRC Doctoral Research Awards
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
1. Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program helps Canadian colleges & institutions to continuing attracting well-educated doctoral students. The scholarships extend their support to the international students to enhance their leadership skills & provide a higher level of learning in the humanities field, social sciences, engineering, other-health related fields, and natural sciences.
This scholarship in Canada is connected to a doctoral degree (MA, MD, MD/Ph.D. or MA/Ph.D.). You can visit their official website to check the important submission dates and consult the nominating centres for submissions. The deadline for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2021 is around November for the nominating institutions.
1.1 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships eligibility
They should fulfill the below requirements for getting considered for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship:
- Pursuing or already completed their first Canadian doctoral degree & also pursued JD/Ph.D., MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D.)
- Nominated only by one Canadian university that has received approval for the Vanier CGS quota like UCalgary, Uoft, etc.
- PR of Canada, Canadian citizens, and international citizens having Canadian student visas can apply;
- Areas of Research- Health research, humanities research, social sciences, engineering research, and natural sciences;
- Must not have a doctoral-level fellowship from CIHR, SSHRC, or NSERC previously;
- Aim to pursue a course in the next academic year or the summer semester after the results (full-time doctoral research & studies);
- Must have attained a first-class or above average in the last two years of your full-time course;
1.2 How to Apply for Vanier CGS quota?
- The institution where you are applying must have a Vanier CGS quota for doctoral studies;
- The institution must nominate the candidates where they wish to study; (Candidates have to inform the institution of their willingness to be considered for the scholarship)
- Submit your packages through the Vanier CGS application through ResearchNet. They will forward your submission to the Canadian institution;
- Candidates must check the internal deadlines of the nominating institution;
- Read the selection committee guide carefully before applying;
1.3 Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Eligible Courses
Total 166 scholarships are offered annually for $ 50,000 yearly for three years. The eligible courses are:
- An eligible doctoral program including a research part leading to completion of a dissertation, thesis, performance, research project, publication and is viewed by an expert at the institutional level, the requirement for ending the program;
- A professional degree with a joint graduate program like JD/Ph.D., MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph. D, clinical psychology
2. Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program is one of the reputed postdoctoral courses offered in Canada. The course offers the chance to the top talented students to join the UBS research community.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program Canada are offered to nationally & internationally talented postdoctoral researchers, who will in the future help to enhance Canada’s social, research & economic growth. Around seventy scholarships are offered every year across Canada, and the value per year for two years is $70,000. The different areas scholarships awarded equally are:
- Study innatural science & engineering
- Humanities & social science
- Health science
The deadline for submitting the Banting Fellowships 2021 is in September and the notifications will be given in February.
2.1 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Eligibility
The host institution & the applicant should meet the below criteria before applying for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- Must have PR of Canada, Canadian citizen, or an International student;
- Should meet the degree requirements for Ph.D., or any other health professional degree
- And for the host institution, the eligibility is: the institution must be a foreign university, Canadian university, or any not-for-profit organizations or affiliated research colleges or hospitals;
2.2 How to Apply for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships?
- Fill the Banting application form through ResearchNet Application System with your latest CV (use Common CV system to create a CV);
- Submission of the application form copy and the confidential online referee assessment forms to the Faculty Research Office, as the University of Toronto, cannot access ResearchNet applications;
- The faculty will nominate the applicants to the School of Graduate Studies and receive an approval from the University. The Dean will issue a Letter of Approval to the nominated applicants. It is a must to complete the online application before a week of the deadline date. The applicants endorsed by the Dean is further accepted by the Banting Secretariat;
- The nominee must receive the Fulfilment of Degree Requirements Form and attach the form to the online application;
- All the documents are uploaded on the ResearchNet to complete the online application process;
2.3 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Eligible Courses
The different areas scholarships awarded equally are:
- Study in natural science & engineering
- Humanities & social science
- Health science
2.4 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Terms & Conditions
- An applicant holding a previous Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship are ineligible to apply again for this scholarship
- The documents for the application should be submitted in PDF form only
- Only one application per year can be submitted
3. IDRC Doctoral Research Awards
IDRC Doctoral Research Awards is a perfect opportunity for a doctoral student. For brilliant candidates, the International Development Research Centre of Canada offers IDRC Doctoral Research Awards 2021.
In total twenty scholarships are offered to international citizens and Canadian citizens to enroll for doctoral studies in the universities of Canada.
IDRC extends help & encourages researchers from other countries to carry out further research. Also, help the researchers to enhance their knowledge and solve practical problems and gives advice, training, and resources for further research.
IRDC Doctoral Research Awards provides a scholarship for international students in Canada & Canadian citizens who need financial help to complete their studies. The candidate can research more than one country.
3.1 IDRC Doctoral Research Awards Eligibility
- The countries eligible are Canadian citizens and other developing countries citizens
- The subjects/courses offered are Doctoral degree in Inclusive Economies, Agriculture & Environment, Innovation, & Technology
- Candidates must clear comprehensive exams before taking up the award
3.2 How to Apply for IDRC Doctoral Research Awards?
- Candidates have to get admission to a doctoral program at a Canadian university. Once you get enrolled for the degree, you can apply for the award
- The supporting documents required are a letter of affiliation, research proposal, proof of citizenship, letter of approval, and two other references
- The candidates must submit certified transcripts of the recent degree completed. Also, they must have passed the exams & the coursework
- And candidates must speak, write, & understand the English language
3.3 IDRC Doctoral Research Eligible Courses
- Inclusive Economics
- Agriculture & Environment
- Technology & Innovation
4. NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships
The NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships is a doctoral program for high-graded students. The scholarship aids financial help in the engineering field or study in natural sciences. With the help of this Canadian government scholarship, scholars can concentrate more on their studies and hunt for the finest mentors in their selected fields. Only one application is required for the PGS D & CGS D programs. The top scholars are allotted the CGS D & highly-ranked applicants are awarded the PGS D.
4.1 NSERC Scholarships Eligibility
- Canadian citizen, PR of Canada, or a foreign citizen having Canadian tourists’ visas are eligible
- Completed at least 24 months of full-time course in their doctoral program after completing their graduation
- If you have enrolled for a joint program like MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D., you must have completed at least 36 months of the full-time doctoral program
- Completed 36 months of full-time course of the doctoral program if you have enrolled after your bachelors for the Ph.D. program
4.2 How to Apply for NSERC Scholarships
1. Select the suitable agency
You must complete & submit the agency application that goes along with your research and make sure the chosen experts are working closely with your selected field of study.
2. Where to submit the application
There are two ways to apply- through a Canadian institution or take the help of an agency keeping in mind the registration status of your application. Make sure that you select the right channel to apply, else there are high chances for rejection of the application.
4. 3 NSERC Eligible Courses
A doctoral study program includes research leading to dissertation, performance, completion of a thesis, research project, and recital that is reviewed by an expert at a higher level as per the requirement for the program completion.
And joint programs with a professional degree, say DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D., MD/Ph.D., MBA/Ph.D., and programs of study related to clinical research like clinical psychology.
5. Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships is meant for trained leaders, doctoral candidates to enhance their ideas & skills into action, for the advancement of their Canadian communities and the world. The leadership program is a three-year-long program. Every year 16 doctoral scholars are selected and provided with financial help for their studies along with extensive leadership training.
Each of the scholars is assigned an experienced Trudeau mentor selected by the foundation from experienced Canadian practitioners.
This scholarship in Canada provides the chance to get in touch with some of the experienced & knowledgeable leaders and individuals in the field of humanities & social sciences, organize your workshops, and participate in the events of the Foundation.
If you are a scholar, you can also apply for Pierre Elliott Trudeau Scholarship 2021 with the help of Flamingo Educare, the best study abroad consultant in Ahmedabad.
5.1 Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Scholarships Eligibility
- Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident of Canada, or a foreign citizen having Canadian visas are eligible
- The doctoral program must be related to four themes: People & their Natural Environment, Human Rights & Dignity, Canada & the World, Human Rights & Dignity
- Your research must be related to human sciences or humanities to contribute to the future development of Canada
5.2 How to Apply for Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Scholarships?
- Candidates who are willing to start with three-year leadership doctoral program & who fulfils the above eligibility criteria can apply directly on the Trudeau Foundation web page;
- Universities also help the candidates to apply, recommends the candidates, and confirms their students;
- The Foundation later scrutinizes all the applications & shortlists the candidates for group interviews. Once the interview is done, the Board of Directors gives their final approval;
5.3 Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Eligible Courses
Your doctoral program must be related to any of these four themes:
- Canada & the World
- Human Rights & Dignity
- Responsible Citizenship
- People & their Natural Environment
Many Canadian colleges & universities have scholarships for Indian & other international students. So, if you need any further assistance or got stuck while planning your dream to study in Canada, Contact Flamingo Educare, the best study abroad consultant in Ahmedabad will be more than happy to assist and guide you to get admission to one of the best universities in Canada.